>Image via Wikipedia The mores of the tribes are the bindings that I have fought against for years and now find I long for but cannot accept.
To accept one rule is to accept all the rules and many of these are ways of being blind to the cruelties that the tribe inflicts on those it finds outside its boundaries.
Blindness is not only a physical characteristic but a mental one as well.
The strictures of a tribe allow this non physical blindness to rule over common sense and truth.
The ending of one time period – a year – is a time when the rules play their part over those who keep their patterns. Christmas and New Year are times when those in the UK swamp themselves with food and luxury items and, in many cases, use alcohol to excess as a means of ramping up the festivities.
It’s New Year’s Eve today.
I think I am spending both tonight and tomorrow alone.
I have been invited out to a friends tonight and with friends tonight. I don’t think I can cope so I am almost certainly going to be alone.
My children are with their mother and they are all doing something this evening.
I don’t have anyone who wants to be with me tonight.
My choice of loneliness bought on by choosing to live outside the rules of the tribe.
Related articles by Zemanta
- She has the kind of charisma that can keep national grids ablaze. The camera simply loves her … she is a real talent …
- Ryan Seacrest Named New Host for New Year’s Rockin Even
- Ryan Seacrest’s name added to New Year’s Rockin’ Eve
- I Love to Play Games
- Sunrise over Miami: My First Social Media Sunrise of 2008
- My Favorite New Year’s Eve Story
- Iraqis Celebrate New Year Amidst Violence
- Happy New Year!
- Ryan Seacrest re-ups with E! until 2012
- Pam Anderson Divorce Back On