>Image by Digiart2001 via Flickr
She paused. ‘But if you were human – well, you’d be for it. If you got bored stiff with doing nothing so you went and blued fourpence on going to the pictures – you just wouldn’t have enough to eat that week. Or if you couldn’t cook very well, and spoiled the food a bit, you’d go hungry. You’d go hungry if your wife had a birthday and you wanted to give her a present costing a bob – you’d only get eighty percent of your food that week. And of course, if your wife gets ill and you want to buy her little fancy bits of things…’
Related articles by Zemanta
- Film Clips: On the Irony of Mark Cuban Banning Bloggers
- Three Girls, One MacBook Air
- Why Your Future Self is an Emotional Mystery: The Projection Bias
- Hands-on with SanDisk’s 72GB SSD (and friends)
- Babylune’s Charity
- You Don’t Have a Mailing List
- Burn Notice: Breaking and Entering (season premiere)
- Britney Spears needs to wax her ass
- Website of the Day: Free Rice
- Want a Snack?
- James May: That floating sensation
- Back to nature; and NO fast food!
- General Mills saves $5MM with chocolate chips
- Hungry for Change? Our 10 Tips, Give Us Yours!
- Raw Food: Raw Nourishment
- Will ‘green’ movement kill the meal tray?
- My vegan voyage
- Leave a Comment, Help a Fellow Central Texan
- Raw Food: Eat Raw Up Until Dinnertime