We live in a world where freedom and new tomorrows lead us by the nose towards pastures that might be new but could also be mined.
Half a million young people take ecstasy each weekend. Ecstasy in its own right could cause forms of mental instability that are the monsters of our nightmares. What passes for ecstasy, strange concoctions of multiple chemicals could cause damage that makes ecstasy effects a summer breeze in comparison.
Mobile phones are miniature microwave devices which have to be constantly on in order to receive. When in use they are held to the ear, right next door to the most sensitive instrument that mankind knows- the brain.
Add this to the many other sources of radiation, drugs and other possibles we have not noticed yet and we could be seeing a future where mental instability a la Mad Max could see the end of our civilisation as it crumbles under
the weight of the social cost of caring for so many potential victims of today’s “maybe ok’s”
Related articles by Zemanta
- Granny-Attacking Mugger to Get Psych Exam
- VoIP Goes Mobile (Olga Kharif/Business Week)
- Dog Takes Top Prize In Mobile Phone Throwing World Championships
- Debunking The Myths of Multitasking [Exclusive Lifehacker Interview]
- Debunking The Myth of Multitasking [Exclusive Lifehacker Interview]
- For Andreessen and Horowitz, it’s gotta be Qik (Jessica Guynn/L.A. Times Tech Blog)
- Adobe’s Newest Offering Links to Software and Web Sharing
- Classic Kitchen Phone from Urban Outfitters
- Bling Bling! Er, Ring Ring
- Mobile Telephony and SMEs