I base this blog on the Inspiration of a twitter friend @lissnup
What is a TweetStorm?
It’s a co-ordinated action by many users to send the same tweet out at the same time, generating a “storm” of tweets
How does it work?
Anyone can call for a TweetStorm, you just need to decide:
- What will be in the tweet (the text and what hashtags, any special user to target, eg @ukhomeoffice )What time it has to be sent (best choose a time you know lots of people are usually online)
You have to tell people about the TweetStorm, and ask them to get involved by supporting it (sending out a tweet or setting up a scheduled tweet – see below) and by spreading the idea to their followers.!
Then, you either keep the TweetStorm text somewhere handy and send it out at the appointed time, or you schedule a tweet to go out at the set time.
How do I schedule a tweet?
TweetDeck includes a schedule tweet feature, and there are several free scheduling services available online. See this article: 15 Free Services to Schedule Tweets on Twitter http://bit.ly/aWW4kS for details.
How do I know what time to send the tweet if I am in a different time zone?
And that is all there is to it.
- Write the tweet with tags, @username(s)
- Recruit your friends using DM, email, etc
- Remember to set up your scheduled tweet!
- Pass the information along
- Post some reminders as the time approaches